Step One

Deal with the Veterans Health Administration, Click here for more steps

Are you seeking health care only?

You are not seeking care for a service connected injury that you are not receiving compensation for as of now.

You have served in combat since September 11, 2001 and have been discharged within the last 5 years

You are a Purple Heart recipient

You are a former POW

You have received a rating and are receiving compensation for a service-connected disability.

Click here to start with VA Health care –

Deal with the Veterans Benefits Administration if (Visit a Veteran Service Officer for assistance)

You seek:

– Compensation for an injury incurred during military service

– As a wartime service era veteran with low income, seeking possible qualification for a service pension

   – Aid and Attendance assistance

– Served in country in Vietnam War seeking possible claim from exposure

– Served in Gulf war suffering from possible symptoms caused from chemical exposure

– Surviving spouse of a veteran who received a disability compensation from the VA

– Any veteran seeking to apply for any of the VA benefits

The next step to begin the benefits process:

  1.  Find an Accredited Veteran Service Officer near you: Walk-ins welcome:
  2. Bring the appropriate paperwork when visiting with a Accredited Veteran Service Officer:


Deal with the National Cemetery Administration for burial benefits of a veteran

– Visit our NCA resource page for more information.

Note:  Understand that veteran benefits are determined by whether the veteran is entitled and/or eligible, not every veteran is entitled or may not be eligible for certain benefits.  See a veteran service officer to make that determination.

What benefits does the State of Michigan offer?

Link: Find an Accredited Veteran Service Officer