Deal with the Veterans Health Administration, Click here for more steps
Are you seeking health care only?
You are not seeking care for a service connected injury that you are not receiving compensation for as of now.
You have served in combat since September 11, 2001 and have been discharged within the last 5 years
You are a Purple Heart recipient
You are a former POW
You have received a rating and are receiving compensation for a service-connected disability.
Click here to start with VA Health care – http://www.mivabenefits.org/vha
Deal with the Veterans Benefits Administration if (Visit a Veteran Service Officer for assistance)
– Compensation for an injury incurred during military service
– As a wartime service era veteran with low income, seeking possible qualification for a service pension
– Aid and Attendance assistance
– Served in country in Vietnam War seeking possible claim from exposure
– Served in Gulf war suffering from possible symptoms caused from chemical exposure
– Surviving spouse of a veteran who received a disability compensation from the VA
– Any veteran seeking to apply for any of the VA benefits
The next step to begin the benefits process:
Deal with the National Cemetery Administration for burial benefits of a veteran
– Visit our NCA resource page for more information.
Note: Understand that veteran benefits are determined by whether the veteran is entitled and/or eligible, not every veteran is entitled or may not be eligible for certain benefits. See a veteran service officer to make that determination.
What benefits does the State of Michigan offer?
Link: Find an Accredited Veteran Service Officer